Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just checking in. . .

Life is good. Not great but good. Summer was a blowout. New Job, kids half time, dealing with Ken moving in, tons of music, change, life, the universe and everything. hah. Funny how it goes.

I am making good money and I'm able to save. Not super stoked on the job but trying to remain neutral and remind myself it is just a job. Life is outside of it. I will not allow myself to dwell in the chaos and inefficiency of the event center. It is hard not too, it seems everyone that works there fuels it, and manifests it from the top down. Next time I go there, (Today) I will breathe a little bit before I go in there. I need to learn to center myself before it crashes on me like a wave of negativity.

Just started road bike riding again and loving it all over again. Like a kid with a new toy. I think taking so much time off of exercise this summer was actually fine. Sometimes you need a break. Or at least I'll sell myself that way. ha ha.

Music has been epic. New gear, new challenges with MCP. My guitar playing is really coming along. THUNK has renewed vigor. MCP continues to rock great gigs. I miss playing more electric shows with THUNK, but that'll come. I am learning to take things in stride more and more these days. Not so much stress.

Lonliness is a little tough. Angela has another new guy and even though I don't want that back, I feel like a want something. When I see her so happy my ego chimes in "why not me?" That is silly but it just is. I miss having a family all around me. I think that is the real issue.

So that is my little check in. Off to kill it on a road ride. Here is to keeping my chin up. :)

No comments: